Maybe we should start with, “what is wellness?” It’s more than looking good or avoiding illness. Personal well-being includes social, spiritual, physical, emotional, occupational, environmental, environmental, intellectual, and creative aspects. It is in a word – “holistic”, which may sound a little woo-woo, but really just refers to how all aspects of our health are interconnected and should be addressed when we seek to be well.
As a wellness coach, I partner with my clients as they discover their strengths and values, helping them define a vision for their health and wellness. Together we clarify their goals and work out a plan of action. I provide support and accountability as they create gradual and lasting changes in their life, discovering how their strengths, past experiences, and yes, even setbacks, can move them forward.
Wellness coaching can help when…
- you’re overwhelmed with all the diet and exercise information out there, and don’t know where to start
- you’re feeling stuck, unable to move forward towards better health
- your life feels so busy, but you want to find time to create
- you know exactly what you want to do, but need accountability and support to make it happen
- you’re tired of the ‘shoulds’ running through your head and want to change your mindset
- you receive a new diagnosis from your physician and they suggest some lifestyle changes that seem daunting
As a wellness coach I’m here to facilitate, encourage, and guide you. Change can be hard, and lifestyle changes are no exception. When you engage with the coaching process you’ll make sustainable progress, learn from setbacks, and discover what works best for you.
Note: a wellness coach does not ‘make’ you do anything – you are the expert in your own life. There are no products to buy, and no set nutrition or exercise programs. I do have good, evidence-based information to share, but only when requested. I love researching and problem-solving and will help you find the information you need to decide on a plan of action.
Wellness coaching isn’t a quick fix, it’s a conversation, a learning process, that keeps you in the driver’s seat and builds your confidence as you find what works for you.